Want to join
We accept applications on an ongoing basis to consider as employment opportunities become available. All general applications are retained for one year from the date of receipt. Legendary Waters Resort & Casino is dedicated to providing exceptional guest service in all of our departments. Reliable, courteous individuals interested in joining our fun and exciting team are encouraged to submit an application.
Contact Seth Morris, Human Resources at 715.779.9401 if you have questions or require additional information.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be physically able to perform all aspects of position duties.
- Reliable means of transportation to and from work.
- Must be able to interact well with the public and co-workers.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and obtain a Gaming License.
- Must submit to and pass drug and alcohol tests.
The Red Cliff Tribal Council has a drug free work place policy and adheres to the intent of the drug free work place act. All new hires are subject to a drug test prior to starting. Not a smoke free environment.
|Wage||Dependent On Qualifications|
|Shift||Days/Nights/Weekends/Holidays as needed|
|Classification||Gaming license required|
Legendary Waters is a full service resort located on the shores of Lake Superior across from the Apostle Islands. The resort features a 47 room hotel with a 42 slip marina, a full service restaurant and lounge overlooking the majestic shores of Lake Superior, the gaming floor consists of 252 Slot machines, 4 Black jack tables and a Poker table. Adjacent to our gaming floor is the Legendary Waters conference center that will hold up to 300 patrons offering a full service staff. Under the direction of the General Manager, the Hotel Manager is responsible to manage and administer the day to day operations of the hotel. Coordinates, directs, and manages the staff and everyday hotel operations to achieve profitability, guest satisfaction and efficiency. Applicants should be advised that the Tribe reserves the right to disqualify applicants whose prior activities pose a threat to the public interest. Friendly, professional attitude required at all times. Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Neat clean appearance is a must. Native American preference but all qualified applicants will be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a hotel manager of a similar size casino/resort.
- Knowledge and understanding of various hotel operating systems and player tracking systems.
- Proficient in computer applications.
- Exceptional interpersonal and employee relation skills.
- Exceptional organizational, human relations, and time management skill.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations with co-workers, guest, and vendors.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to multi task.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must adhere to Legendary Waters Resort & Casino’s policies and procedures.
- Must adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Ensures hotel, campground, and marina are well maintained and operational.
- Responsible for the quality, consistency, and presentation of all services delivered to guest.
- Develop and adhere to budget.
- Evaluates and addresses employee job performance, providing praise, motivation, and counseling appropriately.
- Manages labor standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow through to the bottom line profit.
- Responds to guest interactions in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintains all related reports.
- Promotes 100% guest satisfaction throughout the property. Instills the 100% guest satisfaction objective to Assistant Hotel Manager and hourly staff.
- Trains new employees.
- Conducts regular staff meetings.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25-30 lbs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.